Sunday, October 10, 2010

PLN Progress Report

Starting my PLN was quite difficult, simply because I have never done one before and didn't know exactly what to include. After a couple hours of thought, I finally discovered what I want my PLN centered around; writing. I have always been inspired by writers, and writing in general. My main focus is fiction. I find it fascinating that the human mind possesses so many thoughts and that people try to write those thoughts down in a creative way. As I research more about writers, I am finding many writers have great work but are not famous. When you ask a random person who J.K. Rowling is, they know exactly who you're talking about. But if you were to ask someone who Greg Keyes is, they would have no clue.(Go ahead, look him up) This is not to say that Rowling's work is not good, but just because a writer is not famous doesn't mean he/she is a bad writer. As my PLN grows, I will find more writers to talk to and hopefully get a firm understanding of what it really means to be a writer. Perhaps I will even collaborate with some of the best writers one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment